Small businesses, social enterprises, and charities are vital to our communities. They are also hit hardest by the current coronavirus pandemic and are struggling to access much needed emergency finance to survive this crisis. We put together some useful resources for social purpose organisations and investors (last updated 21 May 2020).
- European Venture Philanthropy Association: Global webinar series to share lessons and philanthropic responses to the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Fuqua School of Business Capital Relief Resource: Global database of 90+ resources representing more than $14 billion of capital for-profit and nonprofit entrepreneurs at risk due to coronavirus. The best part: You can find local resources depending on where you are.
- Bates Wells Coronavirus Insights & Webinars: Legal resource hub for organisations, employers, and employees.
- Big Society Capital: Information hub for social investors.
- Charities Aid Foundation Coronavirus Emergency Fund & Philanthropy Hub: Emergency fund for small charities and philanthropy hub for those who want to support them.
- Charity Bank: COVID-19 resource hub and information on emergency funding for charities and social enterprises.
- Good Finance Resource Hub: Useful information for charities and social enterprises navigating COVID-19.
- Greater Manchester Centre for Voluntary Organisation (GMCVO): Funding resources for the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector support and development organisations in the Greater Manchester area.
- Institute of Fundraising: Guidance for the fundraising community including a series of blogs on how to navigate fundraising against the backdrop of the coronavirus outbreak, more general guidance around its impact on fundraising practices, and a list of coronavirus emergency fundraising resources.
- London School of Economics: The Better Together platform aims to capture and inspire action by companies to work with government, civil society and communities on COVID-19 and other issues across the world.
- New Philanthropy Capital Resource Hub: Guide on how philanthropists can respond to coronavirus.
- Philanthropy Impact Guide for Donor: Weekly guide with information on funding options for private individuals looking to donate funds to organisations tackling the COVID-19 pandemic in the UK.
- Resonance: COVID-19 resource centre for social enterprises.
- School for Social Entrepreneurs: Information and resource hub that includes funding and finance opportunities for social enterprise, charity, community business or impact organisation.
- Social Investment Business: List of UK government support available as well as other funding opportunities (e.g. The Resilience & Recovery Loan Fund) for social purpose organisations.
- Social Investment Scotland: Resource and support hub for social enterprises.
- The Beacon Collaborative: An overview of how British philanthropists and the UK philanthropic sector is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of any other useful resources we could add to this list.
If you would like to know what the Impact Investing Institute is doing in response to the coronavirus pandemic, please read our latest update.