What are the social impacts of the transition to a net-zero world? How can we mobilise private sector capital to deliver a Just Transition? Can impact investing be a key enabler in achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
On Wednesday, 8th September, the Impact Investing Institute and International Chamber of Commerce hosted our event “Mobilising Private Capital for a Global Just Transition.” The event brought together key voices to discuss the importance of financing a global Just Transition.
John Denton, Secretary General, International Chamber of Commerce and Dame Elizabeth Corley, Chair, Impact Investing Institute, were joined by:
- Sarah Gordon – Chief Executive, Impact Investing Institute
- Amal-Lee Amin, Director – Climate Change, Value Creation Strategies, CDC Group
- Bogolo J. Kenewendo – Economist & Managing Director, Kenewendo Advisory
- Jaclyn Dove – Managing Director & Head of Strategic Initiatives I Sustainable Finance, Standard Chartered Bank
- Zoë Knight – Managing Director & Group Head of the Centre of Sustainable Finance, HSBC
- Alberto De Paoli – Chief Financial Officer, Enel Group